Photographer Christopher Godden has kindly given consent for this site to publish his fine picture of the RMS St Helena at Cape Town, taken from the MSC Sinfonia. Christopher is a member of The Ship Society of South Africa, whose club house in the city’s harbour area has a library of several hundred books and journals on shipping. Christopher says that a party of 30-or-so members of the society are planning a voyage to St Helena in March or April of 2015. Doubtless they’ll enjoy swapping tales with Bruce Salt, the island’s own shipping enthusiast and a much-valued contributor to this site.
The RMS St Helena casts a light over the water
Share this post
- Depths of emotion: divers say a damp goodbye to the RMS (and they took their own ‘prop’ for the picture) February 12, 2018
- ‘A true St Helenian farewell’: RMS St Helena departs on final voyage from her home island February 11, 2018
- ‘We cannot allow it to fail’: councillors agree to underwrite £500,000 loan to government’s own hotel January 26, 2018
- Conflict claims ‘unfair’ to Dax Richards, says chief secretary January 26, 2018
- DFID accused as ‘broken spending promise’ leaves island unable to heal ‘weeping sores’ and end dependence on aid December 21, 2017