Strangely, the adult egg and spoon race wasn’t included in the 2012 Olympics, and Jessica Ennis wasn’t required to leap about with a balloon between her knees. But that’s all part of the fun at the annual Saints’ sports day, held on the August bank holiday weekend at Reading Rugby Club. Click on the pictures to see what Olympics spectators were missing.
Reading Sports in pictures – the racing
- Team effort to get a St Helena Football team to 2021 Inter-Island Games July 4, 2020
- Could this OneWeb news be great news for St Helena July 3, 2020
- Depths of emotion: divers say a damp goodbye to the RMS (and they took their own ‘prop’ for the picture) February 12, 2018
- ‘A true St Helenian farewell’: RMS St Helena departs on final voyage from her home island February 11, 2018
- ‘We cannot allow it to fail’: councillors agree to underwrite £500,000 loan to government’s own hotel January 26, 2018