A by-election is to be held on St Helena on 12 March 2014 to fill the Legislative Council seat left vacant by the resignation of Tony Green. Mr Green resigned with effect from 17 December 2013 in order to travel to the UK to support his family. He worked for many years in government, rising to the post of deputy secretary, before seeking election and serving for a period as an executive councillor.
Candidates wanted to fill Tony’s seat… if not his shoes
Share this post
- Depths of emotion: divers say a damp goodbye to the RMS (and they took their own ‘prop’ for the picture) February 12, 2018
- ‘A true St Helenian farewell’: RMS St Helena departs on final voyage from her home island February 11, 2018
- ‘We cannot allow it to fail’: councillors agree to underwrite £500,000 loan to government’s own hotel January 26, 2018
- Conflict claims ‘unfair’ to Dax Richards, says chief secretary January 26, 2018
- DFID accused as ‘broken spending promise’ leaves island unable to heal ‘weeping sores’ and end dependence on aid December 21, 2017